The members of the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors (ASCLD) would like to welcome our international visitors. The International Terminal serves as a nexus point to unite our U.S. domestic members with our international members and international visitors.
The International Forensic Summit (TIFS)
The International Forensic Summit (TIFS) is a global partnership between multiple regional forensic science networks representing a broad range of forensic groups; e.g., science, medicine, patterned evidence, and crimes scene. The groups participating include not only directors of forensic institutes, but learned societies representing practitioners at all levels, educational groups, and key enabling bodies.
The American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors is proud to support this important initiative. We encourage all ASCLD members to visit the TIFS website to learn more.
The International Forensic Strategic Alliance (IFSA)
The International Forensic Strategic Alliance (IFSA) is a partnership between regional forensic science networks representing operational forensic laboratories including:
- the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors (ASCLD)
- the European Network of Forensic Science Institutes (ENFSI)
- the Senior Managers of Australian and New Zealand Forensic Laboratories (SMANZFL)
- the Academia Iberoamericana de Criminalística y Estudios Forens es (AICEF)
- the Asian Forensic Sciences Network (AFSN)
- the Southern Africa Regional Forensic Science Network (SARFS)
A letter of understanding between the participating networks was signed on Wednesday, October 24, 2007, at the 15th Interpol International Forensic Science Symposium in Lyon. For additional information about IFSA, visit the IFSA website. IFSA is working hard to establish a global network with partners working to promote the development of forensic science.